The mobilisation of local stakeholders on water resources management is a key element of adaptation to climate change. On the occasion of the World Climate Day, this 8 December 2022, come and discover the guide "Mobilisation of local stakeholders - analysis of practices and recommendations" produced in the framework of the LIFE Eau&Climat project!
What actions should be taken to mobilise collectively around climate change? What type of mobilisation, for what audience? How can dynamics emerge, be animated and sustained? One of the work areas of the LIFE Eau&Climat project aims to facilitate the mobilisation of local stakeholders. To this end, a study has been carried out by the International Office for Water in order to draw up an overview of existing mobilisation tools and to issue recommendations to support the partners in their approaches.
The first step was to collect the expectations and needs of the partners in the LIFE Eau&Climat project. General recommendations were then drawn up based on the mobilisation actions implemented by six partners, supplemented by other actions resulting from a bibliographic search:
- EPAGE Loire-Lignon: public establishment for water development and management of Loire-Lignon
- EPTB Vienne: public territorial institution of the Vienne river basin
- Syndicat Mixte d'Etudes et d'Aménagement de la Garonne – SMEAG: river basin governance body for the study and development of the Garonne river
- Syndicat Mixte d'Aménagement de la Vallée de la Durance : Durance river basin governance body
- SMAVD, and Syndicat Mixte du Bassin Versant des Lacs du Born: Born lakes governance body
Six main types of mobilisation actions were thus highlighted, with recommendations and examples proposed for each:
- Promoting water and climate ambassadors
- Raising awareness
- Implementing participatory approaches
In addition, a toolbox has been created to help local authorities choose their mobilisation actions. It contains links to articles/documents, classified by type of mobilisation. It is available online at https://www.pearltrees.com/lifeeauclimat/outils-mobilisation-acteurs/id53569154
The guide will be enriched throughout the LIFE Eau&Climat project, in particular with feedback sheets. A new updated version will be published at the end of the project, in 2024.
- The guide "Mobilisation of local actors - analysis of practices and recommendations". It is currently only available in French, but an English translation is underway
- Actions on stakeholder mobilisation carried out within the framework of the LIFE Eau&Climat project